Can You Install Pumas W/O JuliaPro?

Is there any way to install Pumas without having JuliaPro?

If there is, what is it? Am new to coding and dense to begin with…

Thanks!

Hi - welcome to the community.

Pumas is only available via JuliaPro. What is your use case to ask this question, especially if you are saying that you are new to coding.

Hey Vijay,

First, thanks for answering my question.

I guess I am “relatively” new to coding. Anyways, I am learning about pk/pd modeling(and differential equations) and want to build a basic model to toy around with. Maybe do some parameter estimation. I’ve been able to create a toy one from scratch, but it seems like Pumas is what I should be using (short of buying something like Certara).

If you think this sounds unnecessary or too ambitious given my experience, by all means point me in a different direction.

Thanks,

DS

hi DS,

I think you are in the right place to learn something that is simple, yet cutting edge. The community here will help you get started. Did you try to install Pumas after downloading JuliaPro? The instructions are here. Why don’t you give it a shot and let us know where you are stuck and we can help you out.

Best,
Vijay

Keep in mind that if your context is commercial, you do need to obtain a license for Pumas.jl as well.

1 Like