Problem with installation of JuliaPro on Linux

Hi,

I would like to test Pumas but I am having difficulry trying to install JuliaPro 1.2.0-1 on my laptop running Linux Mint 19.1 (ie, a flavor of Ubuntu 18.04). Based upon the quick guide, I have tried the following:

• Using root account:
    • Created: sudo /usr/lib/julia
    • Set permissions: sudo chmod a+wrx /usr/lib/julia
  • Using my default user:
    • Successfully installed juliapro as indicated in the quick start guide: ./JuliaPro-1.2.0.1.sh /usr/lib/julia

Atom seems to open after issuing: /usr/lib/julia/JuliaPro-1.2.0-1/Launch_JuliaPro but the interface I see is completely different from the ones illustrated in the quick guide and it does not seem to contain any julia-specific menu items.

Moreover, error messages are reported in the shell:
$ ./Launch_JuliaPro
bash: cannot set terminal process group (-1): Inappropriate ioctl for device
bash: no job control in this shell
Gtk-Message: 08:26:39.248: GtkDialog mapped without a transient parent. This is discouraged.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

PS: I posted the same message on the Julia discourse page but got 0 response. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

To avoid another post with 0 response, let me at least say that we have forwarded your question to the people who should know. Please have patience while we wait for someone to answer your question here or on the Julia discourse.

Best,

Hello, I’ve replied to your question in here https://discourse.julialang.org/t/problem-installing-juliapro-on-linux-mint-19-1/31450/2?u=harsha