Simultaneous PKPD Modeling with Missing PD Data for Some Individuals

Hi, I have a PKPD data where the PD information is not available for all subjects. The fit function works when I include only subjects with both PK and PD information available, however , when I try to fit the whole data I get an error saying that there are subjects with missing PD information.

I was assuming that when subject has missing PD information the random effects for PK parameters should be zero and the typical PK profile should be used for estimation of PD parameters.

Does Pumas allows simultaneous PKPD modeling only when all subjects have complete PKPD information?

Hi Ahmed,

The issue you describe is fixed in Pumas version 2.1 but that is most likely not available for you yet. On which system are you running Pumas?

Best
Andreas

1 Like

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for the reply. I am running Pumas on Juliahub of University of Maryland, Baltimore.
I am also asking about the new version since I am working on Bayesian analysis and I am aware that there will be new functions to retrieve the posterior distributions of each individual’s parameters.

Hi Ahmed,

The new version should be available to you pretty soon.

Best
Andreas

2 Likes